Comcast Internet Essentials Expansion
Comcast is thrilled to share the news that Internet Essentials has more than doubled the number of homes eligible for comcasts low-cost internet service. As of today, ALL low-income households may be eligible to receive comcasts $9.95 per month service. The expansion includes seniors and individuals with disabilities. Below is a list of documents accepted as proof of eligibility.
• MEDICAID: card or most recent eligibility letter.
• Public housing assistance documentation such as your lease, housing assistance payment (HAP) contract, or eligibility documentation from HUD.
• SNAP: letter indicating you are approved for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits.
• TANF: eligibility letter for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
• SSI: eligibility letter for Supplemental Security Income.
• NSLP/Head Start: copy of a letter indicating current participation in the National School Lunch Program or Head Start, with your child’s name, the school name, and the address of where you are requesting service.
• LIHEAP: letter confirming your eligibility for Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
• WIC: eligibility letter for the Women, Infants, and Children program.
• FEDERAL PELL GRANT: (Colorado and Illinois only) documentation from your community college’s financial aid office.
• VA PENSION: veterans pension eligibility determination letter from the Veterans Administration.
• Tribal assistance eligibility letter, including TTANF, FDPIR, etc.
Many have been asking about senior eligibility, and comcasts happy to now have an option for you. Please go to comcasts partner portal to find out more information about the program and additional eligibility requirements.