Almshouse Road Weekday Lane Closures Scheduled for Resurfacing Operations in Bucks County
King of Prussia, PA – Periodic weekday lane closures are scheduled on Almshouse Road between Route 332 (Jacksonville Road) and Sandtrap Road in Warwick and Northampton townships, Bucks County, on Monday, July 8, through Friday, July 19, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, for milling and paving, as part of a project to repair and resurface 35 miles of state highway in Bucks County, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work area because slowdowns may occur. The contractor’s schedule is dependent on the weather.
Additional state highways scheduled for resurfacing under this contract include:
- Route 32 (Bridge Street/Delmorr Avenue/River Road) between U.S. 1 (Lincoln Highway) and Bedford Place in Lower Makefield and Falls townships, and Morrisville Borough;
- Route 32 (Main Street/River Road) between Route 232 (Windy Bush Road) and Ferry Street/Byram Road in Tinicum and Plumstead townships and New Hope Borough;
- Route 113 (Souderton Road) between County Line Road and Bethlehem Pike in Hilltown Township;
- Route 152 (Limekiln Pike) between County Line Road and Route 152 (Main Street) in Warrington and New Britain townships, and Chalfont Borough;
- State Road between Station Avenue and Otter Creek Bridge/Bristol Borough line in Bensalem and Bristol townships;
- Stump Road between Cabin Run Road and Route 413 (Durham Road) in Plumstead Township;
- Station Avenue/Cornwells Avenue between Herringbone Avenue and Route 513 (Hulmville Road) in Bensalem Township;
- New Tyburn Road between Lincoln Highway and Cedar Lane in Falls Township;
- Trenton Avenue between Woolston Drive/Lincoln Highway and Route 32 (Delmorr Avenue) in Falls Township and Morrisville Borough;
- Swamp Road between Rushland Jamison Road and Route 232 (2nd Street Pike) in Wrightstown Township;
- Stony Brook Road between Pineville Road and Route 32 (River Road) in Lower Makefield Township;
- Lurgan Road between Van Sant Road and Route 32 (River Road) in Upper Makefield Township;
- Mill Road between State Road and U.S. 13 (Bristol Pike) in Bensalem Township; and
- Mill Creek Road between Swamp Road and Washington Creek/Mill Creek Road in Wrightstown Township.
Under this improvement project, PennDOT is milling the existing roadway surface and repaving the state highways with new asphalt. The new pavement will seal the roadways and provide motorists with a smoother riding surface.
James D. Morrissey, Inc., of Philadelphia, is the general contractor on the $10,457,349 project, which is financed with 100 percent state funds from Act 89, Pennsylvania’s transportation plan. Work on the project is expected to be completed in December.
Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.gov/District6.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com or downloading the 511PA application for iPhone and Android devices. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 950 traffic cameras.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly and like the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PennsylvaniaDepartmentofTransportation and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.