FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 1, 2019
24 State Highways Remain Closed Due to Downed Trees, Utility Lines Across Philadelphia Region
King of Prussia, PA – Twenty-four state highways remain closed today in Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties due to downed trees and utility lines caused by severe weather Thursday night, October 31, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
PennDOT tree and utility contractors are working as quickly as possible to safely reopen the roadways to motorists. The following state highways are closed:
- Route 132 (Street Road) between York Road and Norristown Road in Warminster Township;
- Route 263 (Upper York Road) between Aquetong Road and Creamery Road in Solebury Township;
- Route 611 North (Easton Road) between Georges Lane and Hilltop Lane in Warrington Township;
- Phillips Mill Road/Mechanicsville Road between Sugan Road and Comfort Road in Solebury Township;
- Swamp Road between Route 232 (2nd Street Pike) and Worthington Mill Road in Wrightstown Township;
- Pineville Road between Buckmanville Road and Route 232 (Windy Bush Road)/Pine Lane in Upper Makefield and Wrightstown townships;
- Wrightstown Road/Worthington Mill Road between Swamp Road and Durham Road in Wrightstown Township; and
- Stoopville Road between Durham Road and Eagle Road in Wrightstown and Newtown townships.
- Darby Road/Sugartown Road between Fairfield Road and Waterloo Road in Easttown Township; and
- Concord Road between Oakbourne Road and Gages Lane in Westtown Township.
- Cheyney Road between Baltimore Pike and Glen Mills Road in Concord and Thornbury townships;
- Dilworthtown Road between Brinton Lake Road and Westtown Road in Thornbury Township;
- Westtown Road between Dilworthtown Road and Glen Mills Road in Thornbury Township;
- Sweetwater Road between Valley Road and Glen Mills Road in Thornbury Township;
- Brintons Bridge Road between Creek Road and Stony Bank Road in Thornbury Township;
- Glen Mills Road/ between Westtown Road and Springlawn Road in Thornbury Township;
- Creek Road between Sweetwater Road and Gradyville Road in Thornbury Township;
- Thornton Road between U.S. 1 (Baltimore Pike) and Glen Mills Road in Concord and Thornbury townships;
- Mill Roads between Brinton Lake Road and Thornton Road in Concord Township;
- Smithbridge Road between the Delaware state line and Ridge Road in Chadds Ford Township;
- Gradyville Road between Middletown Road and Providence Road in Edgmont Township; and
- Delchester Road between Gradyville Road and the Chester County line in Edgmont Township.
- Stenton Avenue between Hillcrest Avenue and Whitemarsh Avenue in Springfield Township and the City of Philadelphia; and
- Morris Road between Lafayette Avenue and Sheaff Lane in Whitemarsh Township.
Local detours have been posted for the road closures. Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling near the closures because backups and delays will occur.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com or downloading the 511PA application for iPhone and Android devices. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 950 traffic cameras.