Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to right sidebar Skip to footer


Fireworks – Frequency Asked Questions

House Bill 542 was signed into law on October 30, 2017. Under this new PA state law, the Fireworks Act of 1939 was repealed and replaced in its entirety.

Q: Which fireworks are Pennsylvania residents now allowed to purchase and use?

A: Consumers can now purchase and use “Class C” or “consumer grade” fireworks that include firecrackers, Roman Candles, bottle rockets and similar fireworks that contain a maximum of 50 milligrams of explosive material. The expansion includes those fireworks that were previously available to out-of-state residents only.

Display Fireworks”, which are classified as (including) salutes that contain more than two grains or 130 milligrams of explosive materials and professional grade aerial shells containing more than 60 grams of pyrotechnic compositions are still only allowed to be used by professionals with a Permit.

Q: Who can purchase fireworks?

A:  Anyone over 18 years of age can purchase them

Q:  What are the restrictions of where they can be used?

A:  They cannot be ignited or discharged on public or private property without express permission of the property owner;

They cannot be discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building;

They cannot be discharged toward a motor vehicle or building;

They cannot be discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure;

They cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance or another drug.

Alkaline Battery and Incandescent Light Bulb Recycling Now Available in Township Lobby

Did you know that most residential recycling services don’t accept batteries, shopping bags, or light bulbs?

According to the EPA, about 86,000 tons of alkaline batteries end up in landfills each year. In May 2021, Warwick Township purchased dedicated containers to collect these hard-to-recycle items.

Located toward the rear of the Township Administration Building lobby, residents are invited to deposit their alkaline batteries and incandescent light bulbs into the bins.

Once the containers have been filled, they will be shipped back to Terracycle, a company dedicated to diverting millions of pounds of resources from landfills.


What items are acceptable?

Bin 1

  • Alkaline Batteries
    • No Lithium Batteries
    • No Rechargeable Batteries
  • Bin 2
  • Incandescent Light Bulbs
    • No LED Bulbs
    • No Fluorescent,  Bulbs
    • No Halogen Bulbs

Bin Location: Township Building – 1733 Township Greene, Jamison, PA 18929

Electric Vehicle Charging Station @ Community Park

⚡️Warwick Township now has an Electric Vehicle charging station⚡️

Warwick Township was able to obtain a grant through the PaDEP & PECO and install an Electric Vehicle charging station. Located at Community Park (1733 Township Greene), along side the building, this Level Two Leviton charger is ready and waiting for you to charge your electric vehicle.

Modified Procedures During Yellow Phase of Recovery


How do I submit permit applications?

  • Permit applications will continue to be accepted via the drop box to the right of the main doors or via mail.
  • Permit applications and information can be found on the Township website:
  • A non-refundable deposit of $50.00 will not need to be submitted up front. This fee will be added to the final permit cost.

(Zoning Permits for portable storage units, dumpsters and projects under 75 s/f is a $25.00 deposit)

If you are unsure what type of permit application needs to be submitted review the permits and forms page or contact the Township Office at 215-343-6100 or

How do I receive my permit once it is approved?

  • Once your permit has been reviewed and approved Township staff will contact you to let you know what fees are due and that a Commonwealth Guideline certification will need to be executed.
  • The required fee can be submitted as follows:
    • You may deposit a check in our dropbox located to the right of the main doors of the Township building.  Include the permit # or address of the project.
    • You may send a check by mail (1733 Township Greene, Jamison, PA 18929).
    • You may call in and pay using a credit card (215-343-6100).
  • As soon as your fee and certification are received you will get an e-mail requesting signature.
  • Upon receiving the signed permit, the Township will forward the approved permit and work can begin.

How do I get an inspection?



How do I submit a U&O application?

  • U&O applications will continue to be accepted via the drop box to the right of the main doors or mail.
  • U&O applications and information can be found on the Township website:
  • Each U&O application is required to be submitted with a fee based on the Township fee schedule. The fee schedule can be found at the website referenced above. Do not include a sprinkler certification fee as the Township no longer offers this service. The required fee can be submitted via drop box, mail or phone.

If you are unsure what information and/or fees need to be submitted review the permits and forms page or contact the Township Office at 215-343-6100 or

How do I get an inspection?

  • Please contact the Township office at 215-343-6100 or
  • Sprinkler certifications, where required, are to be completed by an outside agency of your choice.

How do I receive my certificate of Use & Occupancy?

  • Once an inspection has been completed, depending on the outcome, you will either address the items found to be deficient or pay an additional fee for a TCO or TAC.
  • Township staff will request signature prior to returning a fully executed copy of any certificate.
  • Upon receiving the applicants signature the Township will send back a valid certificate.
  • Should you have questions about the certificate you received you may contact the Township Office at 215-343-6100 or




How do I submit a concern to the Township?

  • Should you want to report a property maintenance, building, zoning code or other Township concern you may do so through the Township website



How do I submit a Subdivision/Land Development application?

  • Contact the Director of Planning & Zoning, Brandy Mckeever, for more information at 215-343-6100 or
  • Schedule and appointment via the In-Office Appointment Scheduler on the Township Website



How do I submit a Zoning Hearing Board application?



How do I submit a Tenant or Deed registration?

How do I submit an On-Lot Septic, Home Occupations and Annual Use registrations?



Township Office: 215-343-6100

Brandy Mckeever(Director of Planning & Zoning):

Kristen Beach(Permit Clerk/Reception)

Robert Prato(Code Enforcement/Registrations):

Ashley Casey(Zoning Officer/Floodplain Admin.):

Glen Guadalupe(BCO/U&O Insp.):

Nancy Ehrmann-Cheatle(Registrations)



Permit/Inspection Services Reopening – May 1st

With construction being permitted to resume May 1st the Township will begin issuing permits, once again, on Friday. Prior to permit release, contractors will need to certify, by signing a document which will be provided by the Township, that work will commence under the guidelines issued April 23rd, 2020 by the Commonwealth. Permits will not be issued without this certification executed. Those who received a letter of approval will be contacted by the Township with a permit fee and certification which is required for issuance. Permit submissions will continue to be submitted via mail or drop box until the building re-opens to the public.

Inspections for new construction will commence on Friday with all other inspections being scheduled for Monday, May 4th and beyond. Inspections will take place strictly following the guidance issued April 23rd, 2020 by the Commonwealth. This includes wearing masks, maintaining proper social distancing of 6 feet and limiting the number of people on site.

U&O inspections will resume Monday, May 4th with applications settling first receiving inspections first. Those properties which received Temporary Certificates of Occupancy as a result of COVID-19 orders will be followed up with in the weeks to come. Inspections will commence taking all required safety precautions including wearing masks, maintaining proper social distancing of 6 feet and limiting individual interactions.

If you need further clarification, have questions or comments please e-mail or contact the Township office at 215-343-6100. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we work towards operating in full capacity.

Parks & Rec Program Cancellations

Effective Monday March 16, Warwick Township Parks & Recreation is suspending all INDOOR programs and activities indefinitely.
Outdoor programs have not been cancelled by the Township, however, to be on the safe side, you may want to contact your individual coach or instructor to verify they are still holding sessions.
Township parks and trails remain open to the public at this time.

Keep an eye on our website and all social media for updates.
If you have any questions, please email Program Coordinator Erin at

Coronavirus Recommendations from the CDC

The CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health both emphasize that the best way to prevent the spread of coronavirus is to practice these good health habits:

  • Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
  • Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
  • Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.