Your building plans are reviewed by certified individuals knowledgeable in building, plumbing, fire, and mechanical codes. They also inspect your project at several points before completion. Note that electrical plan reviews and inspections are fulfilled by a third party of your choice and provided to the Township accordingly. This ensures that your structure meets the building code requirements for the State of Pennsylvania as well as the Warwick Township Code. Your permit fees are calculated based on the cost and/or size of your project. See the Warwick Township Fee Schedule below for more information. Contractors are required to supply their Contractor’s State Registration information to Warwick Township when applicable. Warwick does not accept faxed permit applications.
If you have not completed these steps, your permit will be returned to you. Note that one project may require multiple permits.
- Have you included all the supplemental forms?
- Have you included two copies of all plot plans, construction plans and specifications?
- Have you signed your permit application?
- Have you included the $50 deposit?
Green Project Fee Discount
Warwick Township is going green! Did you know you may be eligible for a discount on your permit fees if you install equipment and products that are certified green by a third party (e.g., LEED, Energy Star, etc.)? Simply fill out and submit the “Green Incentive Discount” form along with your permit. You must attach Third Party certification to be considered for the discount.
Building Permit Applications
If your project involves any supplement titles below, please complete and submit the following supplements with the Building Permit application above. The permit application is not complete without the relevant supplement.
Zoning Permit Applications
If your project involves any supplement titles below, please complete and submit the following supplements with the Zoning Permit application above. The permit application is not complete without the relevant supplement.
Alternative Energy Supplement
Temporary Sales/Special Event Supplement
Temporary Structure Supplement (Tents, Dumpsters, Trailers, Portable Storage Units)
Well Drilling Supplement
Well Construction Report & Certificate of Compliance
Road Occupancy Permit Applications
Fire Permit Application
When Are Permits Required?
- Building Permits
- Required for: All structural interior and exterior changes. Examples include but are not limited to: new houses, new commercial buildings, additions (living space, attached garages), detached garages, basement finishes, sheds over 144 s/f, barns, decks, fences enclosing a pool, walls over 4′, chimneys, pools, hot tubs, sprinkler systems, roof dormers, window enlargements, concrete patios, garage conversions to living space, wood stoves, gas fireplaces, paver, brick or slate patios set in sand, reroofing, replacement or alterations of HVAC system components and water heaters, alterations to the electrical system (this includes upgrading your service panel), alterations to the plumbing system, demolition, underground tank installation or removal, walkways, alternative energy systems and blasting.
- Zoning Permits
- Required for: Placement of all structures located on a property and changes in use. Examples include but are not limited to: new houses, new commercial buildings, additions (living space/attached garages), detached garages, sheds, barns, decks, fences, walls, pools, hot tubs, patios, in-law suites, fire pits, home occupations, annual use approval, walkways/sidewalks, alternative energy systems, wells (potable/geothermal), dumpsters, storage units, construction trailers, temporary outdoor sales events, tree removal, and driveway resurface/enlargement.
- Grading Permits
- Required for: All earth disturbance or increases of impervious coverage over 1,000 s/f, any changes to the existing drainage patterns, and all inground pools regardless of size. Examples include but are not limited to: new houses, new commercial buildings, additions, large garages, barns, regrading of property, pools, large patios, driveway enlargements, installation of stormwater management facilities, on-lot septic systems, and parking lots.
- Floodplain Permits
- Required for: All development of any properties in a special flood hazard area.
Unsure which permits are needed for your project? Please consult this chart for common projects and their respective permit applications. If still unsure, please call the Planning and Zoning Department.
Use & Occupancy Applications
Applications are due a minimum of 30 days prior to settlement or occupancy. Applications expire 180 days after making application if they are not finalized or extended. Warwick Township does not issue Temporary Use & Occupancy Certificates for new construction within the growing season. Fees are doubled if occupancy occurs prior to issuance of a Use & Occupancy Certificate.
Subdivision & Land Development Application and Forms
Zoning Hearing Board Applications
Damage Assessment Forms
Are you looking to rent one of the Community Rooms or Main Meeting Room for a function? Download the form, fill it out in its entirety, and return to the Township Building. We do not allow birthday parties.